The release of Service Pack 2 for MCMS 2002 includes many bug fixes but also adds support for SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio .NET 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0. The added capabilities of ASP.NET 2.0 adds many new features to the developer's toolbox. As some may have already experienced, working on MCMS 2002 SP2 projects within VS 2005 can be a bit of a challenge. In addition, there have already been multiple problems found with SP2. However, many workarounds have been documented on various resource sites.
The goal of this page is to provide a single, consolidated list of MCMS 2002 SP2 resources. It will not include any pre-SP1 resources, just SP2 related resources. If you have a resource you think needs to be added, let me know by submitting it via my contact form.
- Microsoft Downloads & Knowledge Base Articles
- MCMS 2002 post SP2 hotfixes
- Visual Studio .NET 2005 Installation/Setup
- MCMS ASP.NET 2.0 Development
- MCMS 2002 Service Pack 1a (you'll need this for SP2)
- MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2
- MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2 bug fix KB article #894691
- MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2 installation information
- MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2 post-installation steps
- Glitches with MCMS 2002 Service Pack 2
- Overview, more information and issues with MCMS SP2
All links currently point to Stefan's blog, MSFT MCMS Escalation Engineer. I'll amend the links when they are available on support.microsoft.com.
- 913400 - DCA complains about missing privileges when selecting a database when SQL authentication is being used
- 913401 - Site Deployment export does not work on databases created before SP2 and moved to SQL Server 2005
- 913554 - FIX: You can no longer delete a hyperlink by clearing the Hyperlink Address field after you install Content Management Server 2002 SP2 [updated 8/28/2006]
- 914195 - FIX: The MCMS Template Explorer disappears from Visual Studio .NET 2003 after you install Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2 [updated 8/28/2006]
- 914782 - FIX: A postback does not work when you use Mozilla Firefox or Netscape Navigator in Content Management Server 2002 SP2 [updated 8/28/2006]
- 915190 - FIX: You cannot install the Developer Tools feature in Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 Service Pack 2 if you do not have Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed [updated 8/28/2006]
- The rational guide to installing MCMS 2002 SP2
- Upgrading the WoodgroveNet Sample site to ASP.NET 2.0 (download updated Woodgrove here)
- Configuring the MCMS SP2 Visual Studio 2005 Developer Tools
- Workaround for "CMS" virtual directory problem with VS.NET 2005
- Using the Visual Studio .NET 2005 Web Application Project with MCMS SP2
- How to get MCMS 20002 SP2, VS.NET 2005 and Team Foundation Server working together [added 7/11/2006]
- Using ASP.NET Master pages in your MCMS Applications (from MCMSFAQ.com)
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - Master Pages (from Stefan)
- MCMS ASP.NET 2.0 AdRotator Server Control
- Problem with the ASP.NET menu control and MCMS
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - Web Parts
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - glitches with navigation controls when switching between modes
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - glitches with themes
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - creating a custom membership provider for MCMS
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - implementing page summary controls using a custom SiteMapProvider and a TreeView control
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - Site Navigation - Part 1
- ASP.NET 2.0 and MCMS - Site Navigation - Part 2
- CrossPostbacks with MCMS 2002 SP2 [added 2/15/2006]
- MCMS 2002 SP2 with ASP.NET Web Parts [added 7/11/2006]
Fixed some typos in the original article.
Added Stefan's “CrossPostbacks with MCMS 2002 SP2” article
Updated links to MSFT Knowledge Base for articles #913400 & #913401 (recently published to http://support.microsoft.com).
Added hotfix 915190 which adds support for VS.NET 2005 w/ CMS 2002 SP2 without requiring VS.NET 2003 to be installed first.
Added Stefan's posts about using ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts in a MCMS 2002 SP2 site & getting MCMS, VS.NET 2005, and Team Foundation Server working together.
Updated KB's #913554, 914195, 914782, 915190 to point to the actual KB on Microsoft's site, previously they were just pointing to Stefan's announcement until the KB's were live on the support site. I also added a link to a post where you can get the updated WoodgroveNET sample site, updated for ASP.NEt 2.0.