While I made quite a bit of progress a few weeks ago, I got marred down in a bit of a slump with a handful of things... including a business trip, taxes, and stuff around the house. However, I'm back on the wagon. I have the admin piece for creating & editing users and people in the directory complete (functionality wise... it's not polished). Users can also create their own accounts and edit them. I'm now working on the ability for people to edit their personal information. Once that's complete, I expect to have a public preview out of the site. This will simply be a non-password protected site that will be updated as I update the code and also has a check-off list of tasks.
Hope to make big progress over the next few weeks!