I've recently made a few changes to my blog over the last two months or so...
- Name change to Andrew Connell [MVP MOSS] - yup, we got word today that MOSS was officially added as a competency and those of us Content Management Server MVP's (and those SharePoint Portal server 2003 MVPs) have been transitioned to the new competency. Next step go update those biz cards, email signatures, upcoming presentations...
- Upgraded to SubText 126.96.36.199 - They are so close to releasing 1.9.4, but I'm in the midst of a server decommissioning and going to move my blog to a new host soon so I figured I'd get as current as possible while I had time tonight (release announcement). I wanted to get updated as soon as possible to see if it would kill a memory leak issue I've been having, causing my app pool to be recycled every few hours. There are two new features that I'm thrilled about:
- FeedBurner support baked in - if you try to hit my RSS feed, you'll get redirected to my FeedBurner feed (which I use to offload some traffic but more importantly, get some detailed stats on my readers).
- Akismet spam filtering support - Akismet is a collaborative effort to reduce comment & trackback spam. ReverseDOS was doing great for me, but this is a nice addition to make it a bit more robustNOTE: If you are having trouble posting a comment to my blog, PLEASE SUBMIT it via the contact page. I need to know if this Akismet feature is going to be effective or a hindrance.
- Added a search provider for my blog - using Internet Explorer 7? Go to my blog and click the search provider drop down... you'll see you can add a search provider (via Technorati) to your browser. Not sure if anyone will use it, but I know it's helped me a TON finding stuff in my site. How can you add this to your site? Easy... create your own provider, view & save the XML into a file and drop it in the root of your site. Then, add a <link> tag in the <head> portion of your site... you can see mine by viewing the source of the page (first tag after the <title> tag), and my search provider file.
- Updated my WCM Links & Resources page - long overdue... I added 10 new resources (see the change log).