Today I hosted our 3rd installment of Critical Path Training's SharePoint 2013 Office Hours. Today's time was dedicated to the new SharePoint 2013 App Model. We had some great questions and I promised everyone I'd follow up with a bunch of links on things I referenced during the talk... so here you go!
- SharePoint & Office 2013 Developer tools for Visual Studio 2012 (link)...look in the Tools section.
- MSDN home for building apps: Get Started Developing Apps for SharePoint
- MSDN: HOWTO Setup an On-Premises Development Environment for Apps for SharePoint (sidebar: our setup guide will be available soon)
- MSDN: HOWTO Setup an Environment for Developing Apps for SharePoint on Office365
There was also a general question about OAuth. This SharePoint 2013 specific page might help, but here's a more generic one. Basically in a nutshell (in my terms), it's a way to grant an app or user access to a resource using open protocols. Once authenticated, each request includes the OAuth token in the header of the request.
Join for future Office Hours!
- What's New with Workflow in SharePoint 2013 - August 16, 2012
- What's New with Web Content Management in SharePoint 2013 - August 30, 2012