Most important KB articles for SP 2
- KB 887623 Description of Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- KB 906337 Issues that are fixed in SharePoint Portal Server 2003 by SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- KB 907763 SPS requires ASP.NET 1.1 be installed on the server if ASP.NET 2.0 is also installed.
- KB 907377 How to address the case where SPS SP 2 does not updated the databases during service pack installation
- KB 905229 How to update an evaluation version to SPS RTM if SPS if SPS SP 1 or SPS SP 2 has been installed on it.
Important updates included in SPS SP 2
- Will support running on 64-bit in 32-bit emulation mode
- Must use .NET 1.1 (Everett), but will be able to run side-by-side with .NET 2.0 (Whidbey) on the box (won’t run Whidbey-only)
- Currently, QFE/Hotfix that include SQL procedure changes must be run separately from updating binaries; SP2 will allow such updates to be unified.
- Supports running with SQL Server 2005 RTM
[Update 10/18 2:40p EST] “Goofy” links fixed for the KB listings. Thanks Dave!