A few weeks back I blogged about my 4-day hands-on developer class on the subject of MOSS 2007 Web Content Management that is being offered through the Ted Pattison Group. The first class has been scheduled for July 9-12, 2007 in Tampa, FL. In addition to this hands-on, instructor led class, we're also offering it as an online experience.
Ted's online classes (currently WC-WSS401 & WC-WCM401) will start in late June. My WCM class is scheduled for an online delivery June 25-29, 2007. While online courses don't provide the same rich experience that you get in a classroom, they are appealing to some folks who can't get away from the office for an entire week or even for entire days and those who simply can't attend a hands-on class due to the location.
- The hands-on course includes 12 modules where the online course includes 10 modules (omitting module 1 [WSS Development Primer] & module 6 [Extending the OOTB Authoring Experience] from the hands-on course).
- The hands-on course is 4-full days with lecture, demos, and labs. The online course is 5-days, roughly 2-3hrs of lecture & demos with the labs assigned as homework.
- While the online course doesn't facilitate a classroom discussion, questions can be submitted during the lecture which will be answered at the end of the module. Questions can also be submitted to the instructor via email or chat before/after that day's scheduled meeting time. This includes questions regarding the labs.
- Students attending the hands-on course receive a student workbook with slides and room to take notes. Those attending the online course receive the book in electronic format.
Please feel free to fire any questions my way about either version of the course. Both are available for registration immediately!
- WCM401 - Developing Publishing sites with MOSS 2007 (hands-on course): July 9-12, 2007 in Tampa, FL.
- WC-WCM401 - Developing Publishing sites with MOSS 2007 (online): June 25-29, 2007 in the comfort of your own home/office!